Here are some interesting reads from last week.
- A large position paper: Pesticides and Health, myths vs. realities
- EDIT: See comments about the group who wrote this paper
- Another lab shows beetroot juice (dietary nitrate) benefits on endurance (cycling) performance Nitrate Supplementation’s Impro… [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2012] – PubMed – NCBI
- Emily Willingham published a great piece about the shoddy Atlantic article mentioned last week Genetically modified foods: Ari Laux’s alarmism in the Atlantic – Slate Magazine
- Another study finds microRNA in breast milk Immune-related MicroRNAs are Abundant in Breast Milk Exosomes [Int J Biol Sci. 2012] – PubMed – NCBI (older one here)
- More information on the resveratrol research fraud Red Wine and Lies – Percolator – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- 13.8% of Americans (NHANES sample) had antinuclear antibodies and they are lower in overweight/obese- wonder what that means Prevalence and sociodemographic correlates of antinuclear antibodies in the United States – Satoh – Arthritis & Rheumatism – Wiley Online Library
- Yoni has a rational take on Paula Deen: Paula Deen has diabetes and takes Victoza, so what?